You can leave a response , or trackback from your own site.
NPR Choice page
This is fabulously well-written, incisive stuff. I enjoy your blog every single day. Many things I know about, but many I do not, and it all just helps me weave another strand in the warm blanket of Gotham lore in which I cloak myself so well. It seems we were separated at birth, lol. My Dad who was born in in Brooklyn told me recently about this unusual custom. I must say, I thought he must have been mistaken…maybe a little senility creeping in!
What to Eat This Week
I feel like I heard of this in St. Louis, too, when I was a little, tiny child. Thanks for clearing that up. Thank you. Too bad strange little traditions like these die out. Love your blog and love the article. I guess great minds think alike. I submit a n article on Brooklyn history to GL about every two weeks.
I met you at the dedication of Dr. Very much enjoyed your book. Many thanks, Ruth. Thank you for writing and including that Gowanus Lounge link—somehow I missed it. The photos and more detailed information are fascinating. What a great book.
Yes, Ms. Edebohls, I am one and the same Ben Feldman. Given that Thanksgiving calls for a full buffet of dishes, it's very likely that the host doesn't have enough serving utensils for everything. Do them a solid and bring an extra pair.
Celebrate with us!
You shouldn't feel inclined, though, to pack dinnerware for the occasion. That's something that the host probably has ready to go. A standard bouquet of flowers is always a safe bet when it comes to guest etiquette, and blooms in fall shades are sure to please your host. It might be a good idea to bring a vase, too, since the host will be busy with other things. Wine is another safe bet for guests to bring to a party, especially on a holiday that's known for drinking.
Bring along a wine opener for good measure, but keep a big drink dispenser at home. While you might think that you're being helpful, if the host has whipped up a seasonal cocktail, it might just get in the way. If you want to think ahead to an entire afternoon of drinking, then wrap up a gift of coasters that the host can use as soon as possible. While napkins may also be a wise choice, we think that the host will likely have those picked out.
About IKEA TV Commercial, 'Ready for Anything This Thanksgiving'
A fall-scented candle will also come in handy for your host, whether it's burning during the meal for a cozy effect or afterward during cleanup in the kitchen. Again, do your best to pick out something that won't get in the way of a tablescape, like a garland would.
- Planificación y Control de Proyectos Usando Oracle Primavera P6 Versiones 8.1 & 8.2 - Cliente Profesional & Cliente Opcional (Spanish Edition).
- 8 Keys to Stress Management (8 Keys to Mental Health).
- La curación por el tacto (Plus Vitae) (Spanish Edition).
As great as a garland looks on Pinterest, we bet that a host wouldn't know what to do with such a large, albeit impressive, gift. You've hit your data view limit. Request Demo Learn More.
- Inclusive and Adaptive Teaching: Meeting the challenge of diversity in the classroom.
- A Look Back at When Thanksgiving Was Basically Halloween | Mental Floss.
- Food Network UK | TV Channel | Easy Recipes, TV Shows and Videos | Food Network UK.
- A Sailors Log: Water-Tender Frederick T. Wilson, USN, on Asiatic Station, 1899-1901;
- Crimen y criminales I (Spanish Edition)?
Media Measurement Data is based on life of ad, unless indicated otherwise. National Airings. Attention Score. Engagement Rating. More Ad Metrics. First Airing.
- Thanksgiving: Day and Traditions | kejycerubolo.tk - HISTORY?
- 100 Miles To A Record Deal.
- Beyond the Profits System: Possibilities for a Post-Capitalist Era (The New Economics).
Last Airing. Kitchen Nightmares on FYI. Industry Avg. Industry Share of Voice - past 2 weeks.