His sermons are much easier to read than his theological treatises, and will challenge and inspire you.
As to basic historical biographies of Luther, I recommend two books that compliment each other. The book is straightforward, and though criticized for being too lenient on Luther, it is a highly reliable historical work. This biography is more daring. Here are some interesting historical treatments.
Some early Lutherans went as far as calling him a Prophet. Richard Stauffer has an interesting little book called Luther As Seen By Catholics , tracing the way Catholics have understood Luther for the past few hundred years.
Dau gets into debunking the slanderous accusations Catholics have leveled against Luther. But most people never move beyond the biographical with Luther. Luther was a theologian, and had distinctive theological paradigms. For the simplest overview of his theology, Steve Paulson has written Luther For Armchair Theologians , with the layman in mind. Out of all the books listed above, this would be my favorite, and the one I would promote as required reading. This book is quite popular with Catholic laymen.
Dau, Luther Examined and Reexamined A Review of Catholic Criticism and a Plea for Revaluation, 1e
It is poorly researched, and filled with distortion. I have spent a lot of time with this book, and can prove my case. He is the author of more than twenty books, a professor and an accomplished debater. Alpha and Omega Ministries P.
- Luther Examined and Reexamined by W. H. T. Dau - Free Ebook.
- What is Kobo Super Points??
- Menuett 1, 2 and 3 - Score.
- The Ladies Paradise (Vizetelly Translation, Unabridged)!
- COLLOQUIALISM • DICCIONARIO kejycerubolo.tk • Definition of Colloquialism.
- Die Entstehung des Deutschen Bundes und Metternichs Politik auf dem Wiener Kongress (German Edition);
Listen Anyway! Today on the Dividing Line. Parker Bible Church? Starts: am. Ends: July 7, - pm. Description: youth parkerbiblechurch.
- Upcoming Events.
- Join Kobo & start eReading today?
- William Herman Theodore Dau (Translator of The Proper Distinction Between Law and Gospel).
- Join Kobo & start eReading today.
- Sinister Nightmares;
- Luther Examined and Reexamined: A Review of Catholic Criticism and a Plea for Revaluation.
More details Search for:. The lessons of past history are wasted upon her.
Luther Examined and Reexamined: A Review of Catholic Criticism and a Plea for Revaluation
Rome is determined to assert to the end that she was not, and cannot be, vanquished. In the age of the Reformation, she admits, she suffered some losses, but she claims that she is fast retrieving these, while Protestantism is decadent and decaying. No opposition to her can hope to succeed.
- Its All About M.E..
- You can pass Economics.
- :: Project Gutenberg Free books :: Digital Namibian Archive Collections.
- More Books by William Herman Theodore Dau.
- The Best Week Of My Life.
This is done to bolster up Catholic courage.