Joseph Conrad. Jelaludin Rumi.
Charles Dickens. Philip Smith. Fyodor Dostoyevsky.
- Why We are So Disgusting - Humans & Their Repulsive Behaviors!
- The Book of the Way.
- Pauls First Letter to Timothy: Bible Trivia Quiz & Study Guide (BibleEye Bible Trivia Quizzes & Study Guides Book 15).
- Death on a Wind: The Numidians of the Second Punic War.
- Commentaries on the Teaching of Gurdjieff and Ouspensky - Indices - Volume V - Appendix I - References to Legends and Mythology - Heroes - Workshops (Commentaries ... Ouspensky - Indices - Volumes I-V Book 5).
- Wit and Wisdom from Poor Richard's Almanack : Benjamin Franklin : .
- Oscar Wilde's Wit and Wisdom: A Book of Quotations (Dover Thrift Editions).
Henrik Ibsen. Charles Darwin.
Robert Louis Stevenson. Walter Whitman. Home Contact us Help Free delivery worldwide. Free delivery worldwide. Bestselling Series. Harry Potter. Popular Features. New Releases.
Wit and Wisdom from Poor Richard's Almanack - Benjamin Franklin - Google книги
Wit and Wisdom from Poor Richard's Almanack. Description First published in by Benjamin Franklin when he was just 26, Poor Richard's Almanack was issued annually for the next 25 years. Extremely popular with readers of the day, the Almanack was a fascinating compilation of weather predictions, recipes, jokes, and delightful aphorisms -- many representing Franklin's common-sense philosophy, and others, proverbs from the past. This handy little volume presents hundreds of these charming maxims, carefully selected from a number of Franklin's "almanacks. Haste makes waste. Love your Neighbour; yet don't pulldown your Hedge.
He that lies down with Dogs, shall rise up with fleas.
Poor Richard's Almanac
Hunger never saw bad bread. He's a Fool that makes his Doctor his Heir. He that has not got a Wife, is not yet a compleat Man. An ideal sourcebook for writers, public speakers, and students, this practical and entertaining little book will also delight general readers with its rich store of time-honored folk wisdom. Other books in this series. The Prince Niccolo Machiavelli. Add to basket.
Wit and Wisdom from Poor Richard's Almanack
Beyond Good and Evil Friedrich Nietzsche. The Metamorphosis Franz Kafka. Meditations Marcus Aurelius. Flatland Edwin A. Franklin was a man of many talents and interests.
See a Problem?
As a writer, he published a colonial newspaper and the well-known Poor Richard's Almanack, which contains his famous maxims. He is responsible for many inventions, including the Franklin stove and bifocal eyeglasses. He conducted scientific experiments, proving in one of his most famous ones that lightning and electricity were the same. As a politically active citizen, he helped draft the Declaration of Independence and lobbied for the adoption of the U.
He also served as ambassador to France.
- Or So It Seems .... The Stupid Minivan and More Tales of Midlife Madness.
- Wit and wisdom from Poor Richard's almanack.
- Love, Life, & God: Getting Past the Pain.
- Wit and Wisdom from Poor Richard's Almanack by Benjamin Franklin?
- The God Patent;
He died in April of at the age of Wit and Wisdom from Poor Richard's Almanack. Benjamin Franklin.