He allows us to meet Santoka directly, not by withholding his own opinions but by leaving room for us to form our own. Watson's translations bring across not only the poetry but also the emotional force at the core of the poems. This volume includes of Santoka's poems and of excerpts from his prose diary, along with a chronology of his life and a compelling introduction that provides historical and biographical context to Taneda Santoka's work.
For All My Walking: Free-Verse Haiku of Taneda Santōka with Excerpts from His Diary
This book enhances, rather than replaces, what has gone before. David Burleigh, Modern Haiku.
Series Modern Asian Literature Series. Although Shiki greatly broadened the subject matter of the haiku and employed a more colloquial diction, he continued to write in the traditional form, which uses seventeen syllables or sound symbols arranged in a —5 pattern and invariably includes a kigo season word that indicates the particular season in which the poem is set.
Kyoshi, writing in the traditional haiku form as Shiki had, produced during his long life a large body of works that has been highly esteemed by Japanese critics.
For All My Walking | Columbia University Press
An unknown error has occurred. Please click the button below to reload the page. If the problem persists, please try again in a little while.
- Top Authors.
- Benny, This Christmas is Different - Learn Spanish for Kids (includes a BONUS BOOK)?
- For All My Walking : Taneda Santoka : ?
- For All My Walking : Free-Verse Haiku of Taneda Santoka?
- Надлежащие меры (Russian Edition).
- La Distance entre nous (HORS COLLECTION) (French Edition);
- The Honor Due a King (The Bruce Trilogy Book 3).
No cover image. Read preview.
For All My Walking
Synopsis In April , the Japanese poet Taneda Santoka set off on the first of many walking trips, journeys in which he tramped thousands of miles through the Japanese countryside. Common types of primary sources include works of literature, historical documents, original philosophical writings, and religious texts. Read preview Overview.
- Full E-book For All My Walking: Free-Verse Haiku of Taneda Santoka (Modern Asian Literature.
- Racial and Ethnic Discrimination: 172 (Issues).
- La isla de los pregones [Segunda Edición] (Spanish Edition).
- American Pig;
- Dios nunca parpadea: 50 Lecciones para las pequeñas vueltas que da la vida. (Spanish Edition).
Childhood Education, Vol. Let's Do Haiku!